Keep the Ship's Contact Information Handy
While visiting island destinations during your cruise, it's common to become immersed in the local sights and experiences. This can sometimes lead to losing track of time or getting lost. To ensure your safety and timely return to the ship, it's crucial to always carry the ship's contact information with you. Typically, this information can be found in the daily newsletter provided in your cabin or obtained from the guest services desk.
Consider taking a few more precautionary measures to stay safe and on schedule during stops.
- Set an alarm or reminder on your phone or watch to notify you when it's time to start heading back to the ship. Be sure to leave ample time for unforeseen delays or travel back to the port.
- Familiarize yourself with the local transportation options and schedules. In addition, use a map application on your phone to navigate your way around the island.
- Travel with a buddy or in a group. Exploring with others can provide a sense of security and help ensure everyone stays on track.
- Keep a copy of the ship's departure time and the "all aboard" time with you. Departure times can sometimes differ, and ensure you are back on board before the specified "all aboard" time.
- If you have any concerns about getting lost or being delayed, consider joining an organized shore excursion. These guided tours typically provide transportation to and from the ship, ensuring that you return on time.
- Learn a few basic phrases in the local language, such as "Where is the port?" or "How do I get to the cruise terminal?" This knowledge can be invaluable if you need assistance from locals.
- Carry a fully charged phone with a local or international roaming plan to make emergency calls. Alternatively, you can use messaging apps when connected to Wi-Fi.
In conclusion, following the above items will lessen the likelihood of getting stuck.